Monday, June 2, 2008

So, I went for a spin!

Well, this weekend was nice! And today is hot, yay! Unfortunately, I don't have any food posts today...I know I know, bad!! Well, I may not have alot of posts these next two weeks and my posts may be sporadic because my independent study is going to have a lot of reading in a short amount of time and my boyfriend is going to be away for two weeks and without him to feed, I lose motivation to cook! haha. But, I have promised myself that I am going to bring in at least one baked good to share with my co-workers and professor. So, basically I will be eating lots of fruit, veggies, hummus, bread and oatmeal(so keep those oatmeal posts comin' Chocolate Covered Vegan)!
The professor for my study is awesome! She is so sweet and kind and shares alot of the same views as me! She even brought some locally produced wax beans to snack on! I'm really excited...it looks like two of the books we will be reading are "An Omnivore's Dilema" and "Diet for a New America"...possibly more since I have a huge stack of books from the library too!
Everyone should check out http://storyofstuff.org/ . This is a video we watched today and it is so powerful!! It is about 20 minutes long, so plan accordingly! haha
love&peace!
Jess

3 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Woah, how did you do that with the photo? I love it!

Haha, you sound like my mom when you said: "without him to feed, I lose motivation to cook!"

When my dad's away on a business trip, her favorite dinner is a bowl of raisin bran!

Good luck with all your reading, dear friend!

Katie said...

I'll have to watch "The Story of Stuff" later tonight...that sounds really interesting.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I wish I were as knowledgeable about photography as you are! I've been trying to learn more... but things like shutter speed and manual camera settings completely confuse my little chocolate-covered brain!