These are the banana cream pancakes with a strawberry sauce I made over the weekend. Absolutely decadent and delicious. Both the recipes were from ED&BV. The strawberry sauce will be used many times in the future as it was a-mazing!!
Yesterday I made my first "blender oatmeal"(even though I used a food processor). My consisted of steel cut oats cooked in soymilk, some vanilla soy yogurt, pecans and dates. Yum, yum. No pictures, but I can promise you it was very dreamy and creamy. Thanks everyone for the inspiration!!
"The Omnivore's Dilema" is a great read so far. I've learned alot in the first few pages, such as corn can be found in almost everything we eat and they are reengineering salmon to eat corn and corn evolved to attract humans. And all these facts are just the tip of the iceberg. I recommend this as reading for everyone!
Today, I brought the Maple Pecan Blondies from ED&BV to work to share with my co-workers. They gobbled them up pretty quickly! I did manage to sneak a few for my professor and I. Everyone had great things to say about them! I even put a nice little note next to the plate that said they were "vegan, delicious and cruelty-free". Yay, spreading the joy!
3 comments:
I watched "The Story of Stuff" the other night. It was really interesting and it gave me a new perspective on the American lifestyle. I will definitely think twice before purchasing something for the fun of it. Thanks for sharing!
I am SO craving pancakes now, even though it's the middle of the day!
What type of sweetener does that strawberry sauce use? It looks really tasty :) I've attempted one with turbinado, and it turned a maple-y brown. I want to try stevia, but I am not sure how it would heat on the stove.
Post a Comment