So, on Saturday I had the amazing oppourtunity to meet a local organic farmer(CSA) and to help out on the farm! It was such an amazing eperience! She was such a wonderful, wonderful woman and absolutely adored farming and he love for it radiated from her. I am so excited to buy a share from her farm next summer and the experience has just reinforced my desire to go to farmer's markets on a weekly basis and get 90-100% of my produce from them. It is so awesome what buying local produce can do not only for yourself, but for other people and the environment also.
My independent study has been going great, also! I am able to have such in-depth and eye-opening conversations with my professor and it is so refreshing to be able to talk with someone who understands and shares the same goals I do. The book "The Omnivore's Dilema" has been a great educational book and I really think everyone should read it. It will open up your eyes to the massive impact feeding humans has on the world and the decisions and dilemas everybody faces when trying to have their food choices make as little an impact on the Earth as possible.
Ohhhh and the baby goslings are soooo cute! There are three families who visit my backyard and yesterday I went out to feed them bread...even the little babies came over!! They are getting so big...but they still have little wings, so, so cute!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are such a sweetie... I just had to tell you that.
I fed my local resident duckies today too... but there are only grown-up duckies around here. Oh well; they're still cute.
I love going to Farmer's Market too! In my area somewhat unseasonable rains have delayed a few crops, but others are doing just find. You reminded me - I ought to go on Saturday!
Post a Comment