Ugh. I loathe college. I am stressed from all the ridiculous assignments I am given and the short amount of time they must be completed. Needless to say, it is not good for my health and I'm trying my hardest to not let it get to me, but I hate loose ends...at the same time, I am a awesome procrastinator. I would just much rather spend my time relaxing and reading books I want to read and going hiking or anything but homework! Plus, I never feel like there is enough time in the day, especially when I have class all day. When I get home at 5:30, I don't want to do homework, I want to relax and eat dinner! Sorry for the rant, its been one of those days...
Anyways..onto good stuff :) I started out today with the juice of 8 red grapefruits! Yum! I never liked grapefruits, then I juiced 'em and love 'em! I also had the water and meat of a young coconut and a green smoothie with 6 bananas and 2 1/2 handfuls of spinach, my fav! I'm trying to focus more on what my body wants, instead of my mind.
I have always suffered with overeating and the feeling that "this is your last chance to have...", so this is a huge obstacle for me to overcome. I am also very obsessive about what I eat and when I eat it. I plan days ahead when I'm going to have that pineapple or those oranges, instead of just going with the flow. I'm working on it, but I will admit it is tough and I haven't made much progress. I have been writing down what I eat on a daily basis to make sure I'm consuming enough calories, but at the same time I think that might be contributing to the problem, so today might be the last day I do that.
Also, recently I have been thinking about finding a local farm that would accept my produce scraps for compost..and today at the grocery store the produce manager mentioned a farm that accepts the reject produce from the store. So, I drove to the farm(they were super friendly) and gave them my number! I haven't gotten a call yet, but I'm thinking positively!! :)
Well, I'm gonna go because I'm still at school and the belly is growling, time to go home!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, are we twins? Every single word you wrote, in the first paragraph?! I completely, 100% feel the same way!!! I would rather do stuff on my own time, and do what I want to do when I want to do it, rather than be told when to finish! Hang in there, girl. I can't wait for college to be done, either!
Post a Comment