Saturday, April 4, 2009

got the book!

yay, I finally got my copy of 80/10/10 after following the lifestyle for 2 months! I'm so happy I got it because it is chock full of helpful information and great recipes! I've been reading it non-stop since I got it yesterday and just soaking up the information..but I know I'll probably give it a second read. I'm also glad I got it because now I have something solid to share with my parents, my Mom and Dad are really looking foward to browsing the book so she can better understand my fruity choice :)
I really liked the information about fruit sugar and diabetes because I always have the "adults" at work telling me I should be careful, I'm eating too much sugar, blah blah blah...it can get annoying. I've also been able to really step out of the box and see things from a different perspective. I can understand now why people find it so difficult to break free of the SAD diet, not only is the food addictive, but the social activities attached to food are too. People are so afraid of this information because they don't want to loose the only social attachments they have, which are through food. I listen to the people ate school talk and make plans and those plans ALWAYS include food and alcohol...it really is all they have in common. For split seconds I will almost wish I could have that ignorance again, but then I remember that I don't want to trade my health for an acceptance by society.
Anyyyyways, I also got my 2nd order of dates in!!!!!! yay yay yay! I'm savoring every single one! I made the "Bananas with Date Sauce" from the 80/10/10..SO GOOD!!! My boyfriend and I were all smiles as we ate that for lunch!
It has been about a week and a half since I vowed to cut out all overt fats. So far, I'm feeling great and my skin is looking alot better!! I struggle with my skin alot and it has always been my confidence pitfall...it was also one of the reasons I chose to adopt 80/10/10. So far, things are looking up!!!
I also found a great new running trail today! It goes into the woods along a river. LOVE IT! I actually don't want to listen to my ipod because I enjoy the peace of the woods and hearing my own thoughts! My run didn't last very long today because it was alot colder than I thought so I was a bit under-dressed..but I'm hoping tomorrow it clears up and I'll be able to go on a longer run!
Well, everyone have a great weekend! Peace!

1 comment:

Rose said...

I'm so glad you got the book and are enjoying it!