Thursday, September 4, 2008

Greetings from Vienna!

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long absence but I am finally settled in Vienna and have access to the internet! It is absolutely beautiful here and I love how it is an easy city to walk around in, something I'm not used to since I go to school/live in a small town in New Hampshire. As for food...well in general it is expensive and so far the only vegan food has been fresh fruit, veggies and bread from the market which is everyday. Unfortunately, we haven't found much at grocery stores except $5 soymilk..which is too expensive for my itty bitty bank account. So meals have not been very extravagent since it would cost alot to buy all the spices and condiments. Fortunately, I got us through a few days with homemade larabars and Ezekial cereal! My mom says we have to learn to be "starving artists", haha.

The school we are staying at is an old palace and is currently a boarding school for children of all ages. It has a beautiful library and even an Olympic size swimming pool! The cafeteria here does not have much for vegan-friendly food though, which is a huge disappoint because that was money wasted...

I'll have pictures at some point, I promise!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good good good......

Katie said...

How cool! I hope the cafeteria situation works out for you.

Jay le Fay said...

aaaahhh!!! you have been to vienna?? *lol*
i just wanted to name my new blog "fruityvegan.blogspot.com" - but then it said that there already exists a blog with that name. so i took a look at it. and now i have to laugh! because i live in vienna!! :D
fruity vegan greetings,
violet

(fruityveganviolet.blogspot.com - coming soon)