
These are the zucchini spelt muffins from ED&BV, except they are carrot spelt muffins instead! The muffins were pleasantly sweet, but didn't over-do it, which is nice because I need to tame my sweet toothe a bit...

My wonderful, beautiful, and nutritious bounty from the farmer's market! I was ecstatic to find all this goodness in one place. I got beets, swiss chard, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, radishes, zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, blueberries and edible flowers!! Yum, yum! I'm excited to incorporate some veggies in a simple dinner tonight of rice pasta and tomato sauce with zucchini and a nice crispy salad with bread and vegan butter. Simple, but of so nice!

This is the cake I made for my boyfriend this weekend. He had a busy/stressful weekend, so I surprised him with this delicious two-layer cake! He was sooo happy, not to mention it tased wonderful! The recipe is the chocolate sin-nammon cake and vanilla frosting from ED&BV. And that is my crude depiction of a heart with an arrow through it...clearly I am not the most artistic, but it got the point across.
On a non-food related post, I was very happy this weekend to find a small shop in the town next door that sells only fair-trade items! How sweet is that?! Needless to say, I wandered about and bought a headband and bracelet because I wanted to show my support. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks and see if they got any new items!
I am also reading the China Study right now...I figured everyone else has read the book, so I should hop on the bandwagon! I just finished reading a book called Deadly Harvest which focuses on comparing the diet of ancestors to nowadays.
Everyone have a good day!!
3 comments:
You are such a good girlfriend! What a great cake.
And I love shopping at fair-trde stores. It makes me feel less guilty for shopping hehe!
Your carrot spelt muffins look absolutely delicious! I've heard wonderful things about that recipe. Your boyfriend is so lucky -- you feed him well. What a yummy lookin cake.
I've always wanted to read The China Study! You'll have to let me know whether it's worth the read or not.
Your boyfriend is one lucky guy. What did you use to make the heart & arrow?
Post a Comment