Hey everyone, I'm back from vacation! I had a wonderful time enjoying the beauty of th Southwest. I got to visit Zion, Bryce, Mesa Verde, Four Corners, Grand Canyon and saw so, so much more. I love it out there and hope to return someday. I bought some jewelry from roadside vendors, mostly Native American. Also, something really exciting for me and I'm sure many others, is that many of the national parks I went to sold organic and recycled clothing in their gift shops and their restaurants had organic food!!! How amazing is that! I was so excited, I had to buy some to show my support. I also got to see Cirque Du Soleil witch was so, so beautiful. I was entranced by the performance and bought the soundtrack; the music was mesmerizing. I recommend this show!
Of course, there was the food. Which had its ups and downs. Personally, I don't know how people survive in a place where the closest grocery store is 50 miles away or more, but they do and I give them credit. Whenever we found a grocery store I stockpiled on fruits and veggies and whatever snacks I could find; it was hard not having a kitchen and I missed green smoothies. But me and my boyfriend did not go hungry... we got to eat not once but twice and the amazing Go Raw Cafe in Las Vegas!!! What a great experience! The food was fantastic and the atmosphrere was calm and relaxed. If you ever in Las Vegas, please, please go here...I went to the Windmill Lane location. Aslo, a huge shoutout to the restaurant the Bit & Spur which is right outside of Zion National Park in Utah, they were so wonderful in accomading my boyfriend and I, they even made the fabulous dessert above for his birthday, free of charge. We were so, so thankful.
I'm getting back into the swing of things, so there should be some food posts soon!
6 comments:
Sounds like you had a lovely trip =)
The dessert looks wonderful! Welcome back and enjoy your first green smoothie ;)
Hi! I just found your blog- I'm glad to catch you when you came back!
The Grand Canyon is the best place I've ever been. Isn't it breathtaking?
Hey! I was wondering where you'd gone. I'm glad you're back :o).
P.S. I'm adding you to my blogroll... I *thought* I already had you on there, but somehow I missed it!
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good trip. You were missed :) Great photos!
Thanks! That means a lot :) I made a bunch the other day but I've yet to take photos. I plan on joining Etsy sometime this week. I'm really excited! I've been thinking about selling my jewelry for a couple of years now.
Welcome back! Can't wait to see your photos. The south west sounds amazing, I hope you had a great time!
Post a Comment