So, this week is kind of an experimentation week for my boyfriend and I...we are testing out all raw breakfasts and lunches. So far, so good. I bought a whole case of bananas for our lunches and am making green smoothies for breakfast...We will still be having some cooked dinners.
The library at my school recieved some new vegan cookbooks! I couldn't believe it when I saw them! The books are Vegan Express and You Won't Believe Its Vegan! So far, I have made a few meals, including Pasta Jumbalaya from Vegan Express(that was good!). I have a few more planned for this week.
I am also reading an interesting book called "Not Buying It" and it is about the author and his husband who bought nothing but food and transportation costs for 1 year! It is really interesting and touches upon consumerism and what an integral role it plays in American society and how it erodes our community. I like reading it because I am really trying to not buy frivilous items, like clothes and shoes that I clearly don't "need", I just "want" them. I have often fell into the trap of thinking a new shirt or pay of shoes will "change/improve" me and I am working hard to rid that mentality. So far it is going well, it probably helps that my measly paychecks barely cover the cost of food. haha
Everyone stay warm!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment